Have you noticed our new dental x-ray equipment and how much more accommodating the dental x-ray process is? Dental x-rays used to pinch, make your eyes water and be just plain awful! But not anymore! Davis Dental has upgraded to taking digital dental x-rays of our patients’ teeth now. We’re sure you’ve noticed. Do you appreciate the benefits of digital dental x-rays?
Why We Take Dental X-rays
Dental x-rays of our patients’ teeth are valuable. They detect damage to teeth and gums that is not visible during routine checkups. This helps us assess a problem and provide the best dental treatment possible for that problem.
How Often Are X-rays Taken?
It may seem like x-rays are taken each time you visit us, but it’s just not true. Unless you visit us randomly, x-rays are generally taken once a year or at every other 6-month visit.
What X-rays Show
X-rays show the condition of your teeth, their roots, the placement of your jaw and your facial bone composition. X-rays help Dr. Davis determine:
- gum disease – its presence and/or its stage of progression
- abnormal growths, such as cysts and tumors
- impacted teeth and their exact location
- teeth that have not yet developed fully
Why Davis Dental Uses Digital Dental X-rays
We use digital x-rays in our office because of the many benefits digital radiography offers our patients and our office.
- Intra-oral x-rays are more comfortable for our patients.
- The film is processed immediately and available to view on our computers during your visit.
- Digital x-rays use 70% less radiation than conventional x-rays.
- Digital x-ray images can be enhanced.
- Images are easily stored on a computer and can be transferred to other dentists or orthodontists for referrals.
- Digital images produce larger images, so hard-to-see cavities are easier to view.
- Digital radiography is cheaper and more environmentally-friendly.
- Digital x-rays offer 256 shades of grey versus 16-25 shades offered by conventional radiography.
We pride ourselves by using state-of-the-art technology and staying up-to-date with recent advances in dental care and practices. Taking the best care of our patients and providing optimal comfort during dental treatments is important to us. We want you to visit us as needed without fear and with as little discomfort as is possible.
Call Davis Dental at (307) 634-3488 to schedule a routine dental cleaning and checkup today. And if it’s time for another round of valuable digital dental x-rays, pay attention to the improved process. Then let us know what you think of the improved x-ray process in the comments below.