In 1777, more than 200 years ago, the very first 4th of July fireworks lit up the skies in Philadelphia in celebration of our nation’s one-year anniversary of independence from England. Every year since, urban and rural communities from sea to shining sea continue this celebration of independence. Spectacular fireworks displays will never grow old!
Wyoming’s open skies make it one of the very best states in the USA to watch fireworks because views are unobstructed by tall buildings and trees. Jaw-dropping fireworks will be seen for miles with the perfect perch.
Here are 7 spectacular fireworks displays that will be seen in the Cowboy State on July 4th:
- Jackson Hole
- The Jackson Hole area will start the 4th of July off with a JH Lions Club 4th of July Breakfast on Center Street at 7:30am The breakfast will last until 10:30am when the parade starts.
- The 4th of July parade will start at 10:30am. The parade route will run down Snow King Avenue to Glenwood, turn on Broadway and end on Willow Street.
- At 6:00pm at the Teton County Fairgrounds, there will be a Town Square Shootout, followed by the Jackson Hole Rodeo.
- Fireworks will begin bursting in air at the base of Snow King Mountain in the Town of Jackson or at the base of the Tetons in Teton Village at 10pm.
Casper claims to have the “biggest show in the sky.” Their Fireworks Festival 2016 will be held on the grounds of the Casper Events Center on Monday, July 4th. In addition to their spectacular fireworks display at 10pm, there will be vendors, fun, food, Budweiser Beer Garden and live music from EazySide and Shallow Side beginning at 5:00pm. So come early and enjoy the festivities before the fireworks display begins.
- Lander will start celebrating the 4th of July with the Challenge For Charities Half Marathon at 6am and the 5K at 7am. There will be a 1M Youth Run, also.
- A Senior Center Pancake Breakfast will be held at 205 S. 10th Street from 7am – 9am.
- At 10am the Pioneer Days Parade will begin and run along Main Street.
- The Rotary Club’s Annual Buffalo BBQ will be open from 11am – 2pm and will be located at the Lander City Park.
- The Pioneer Days Rodeo will be held on both July 3 and 4th. Start time is at 6:30pm for both rodeo days.
- Lander’s spectacular fireworks display will follow the rodeo in the Lander Old Timers Arena.
- Gillette’s celebration will start with a Volunteer Fireman Pancake Feed from 6am – 9am at 106 Rohan Avenue.
- The Gillette Physical Therapy 4-Mile Run will begin at 7:15am at the Bicentennial Soccer Fields.
- The parade will follow the GPT 4-mile run which will start at 10am.
- Get free hot dogs from 12 – 2pm at Bicentennial Park! In addition to a free Hot Dog Feed, your family will be able to enjoy kids’ games, a home run derby, firemen water fights and a live DJ.
- The daytime celebrations will end with a bang at 10pm with a spectacular fireworks display at Cam-Plex.
Sheridan is another great place to celebrate the 4th of July. Come to the Big Horn Equestrian Center for fireworks that will be choreographed to music or listen to it on the radio. Gates will open for the Fireworks Extravaganza at 4pm, but the fireworks won’t light up the sky until 10pm. Come early to enjoy live music, drinks and food.
Our Cheyenne Frontier Days committee and the City of Cheyenne will host our annual 4th of July celebration at the Frontier Park Arena. Live entertainment and the fireworks display are free to the public, but you’ll want to arrive early. This year’s free, live entertainment will feature the Country Club Band at 6pm and Michael Martin Murphy and will begin at 8pm. Fireworks will begin at 9:35pm.
- Rock Springs
The amazing fireworks in Rock Springs will decorate the sky above the Western Wyoming Community College at 10pm.
Please note that dates and times are subject to change due to the weather. Check the forecast for the place you are interested in watching the 4th of July fireworks displays from before heading out.
Also, check out this video on fireworks safety: Fireworks Safety Advice for the 4th of July
Where will you be watching fireworks in Wyoming on the 4th of July? Are there other fireworks displays you think should be added to this list of spectacular shows? List them in the comments below.
The Davis Dental team wishes all of you a happy and safe 4th of July!
Call Davis Dental Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 5:00pm at (307) 634-3488 for all your dental care needs and questions.
We care about our community and your oral health!